Banner is an administrative database that houses all student-related data, essentially tracking student activity from recruitment to graduation. The database provides data integrity, accessibility, and flexibility for enhanced decision-making and improved service to students.
The Banner database is directly linked with the Student Information System (SIS), which allows for web registration and web-based faculty grade submission. Banner is currently accessible only from an on-campus, networked computer. It is not available in the open computer labs or over the wireless network.
This Quicknote is for the benefit of the faculty and staff on campus who want to know more about and obtain access to Banner.
In order to use Banner, you will need to obtain a Banner ID and DUO Authentication, and access to a university-owned, on-campus computer. To obtain a Banner ID, please follow the steps below. When you receive access to Banner, your Banner ID and password will match your uniqname
and current password
- Submit an online Access Request form (https://go.umflint.edu/BannerSISAccess). Make sure to select "New Banner ID" in the "What are you requesting?" drop-down menu.
- If you require any additional Banner access, you will need to fill out this entire form again, but select "Additional Banner Access (specify form(s))" in the "What are you Requesting?" menu.
- Then, in the "please specify" box underneath, include what you need additional access to.
- Complete the self-paced Computer-Based Training (CBT) (http://www.umflint.edu/its/banner-training)
- After your Access Request Form and CBT score have been received, you will receive an email informing you that your account has been created. Due to multiple authorizations required (Department Chair/Director) as well as all respective data stewards, it may take up to two weeks before Banner/SIS access is granted.
How Do I Set Up DUO Authentication?
In order to log into Banner, you will now need to use DUO Authentication. To set up your DUO Authentication please see this Quicknote
How to Access Banner:
- Open your web browser and go to https://banner.umflint.edu/
- Most web browsers will work with Banner, however, Chrome provides the best performance. There have also been many reports of Microsoft Edge not working as intended.
- You will need to login using your uniqname, current password and DUO Authentication (shown below).
For a more detailed look at Banner please refer to the Banner 9 Manual
If what you are looking for is not found here and someone in your department can not provide you with your department's procedure for the task, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.Location:
206 Murchie Science Building
(810)-762-3123 (option 1)Email: email@example.com