This Quicknote is intended for current faculty, staff, and students who would like to utilize go.umflint.edu URL shortener.
To follow this Quicknote you will need to have access to the Internet. You will also need to have access to your university account and know your current university credentials (uniqname
and current password
). Duo two factor authentication is also required to access go.umflint.edu.
What is go.umflint.edu?
go.umflint.edu is a webpage that is used to shorten URLs with UM-Flint branding. Shortened URLs make it easy to type in a web address quickly. Below are steps to shorten a URL.
- Log into go.umflint.edu using your uniqname and current password.
- Approve access through Duo two factor authentication.
- Click on the Shorten URL button.
- When the dialog box opens, enter the URL that needs to be shortened into the URL field.
- Optional: Entering a "custom slug" creates a custom URL ending like go.umflint.edu/testing, where 'testing' is the slug. By default a random URL ending will be generated.
- Click on the Create Short URL button.
- Your URL and slug will be listed in the "Your URLs" field. Click the desired Slug to view the copyable Go link for sharing with others.
Your URLs Actions
There are several options under the Actions
drop-down arrow which include View Details, Edit,
- The View Details option allows users to view traffic to the URL for the past 7 days. This is a great way to monitor and analyze the traffic associated with the URLs.
- The Edit option allows you to change the URL or the Slug.
- The Remove option will completely remove the URL from your URL list.
For further information on Duo two factor authentication please visit our Duo Quicknote
If you have any questions or experience any issues with using go.umflint.edu or Duo, please contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.Locations:
206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White BuildingPhone#:
(810) 762-3123 (Option 1)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org