The ITS computer labs in 206 MSB, 205 FH, Riverfront, and 3174 WSW have scanners. There are a limited number of scanners in each lab so please use these computers for scanning purposes only. Please do not write emails, work on Microsoft Office documents, or surf the web on these computers. If you have to save the document in order to email or upload it then save it to your H: drive, flash drive, or external hard drive so you can work on it at a different computer.
The ITS computer labs in 206 MSB, 205 FH, Riverfront, and 3174 WSW are also equipped with PaperCut printers that also support scanning functions. For more information on how to scan using a PaperCut printer, Reference How to Use the PaperCut Printers
This Quicknote is for the benefit of faculty, staff, and students who are interested in using the scanners here on campus.
To follow this Quicknote you will need to have a current affiliation with the university and have access to your account to log on to the computers.
How to Scan:
- Run the Epson Scan program.
- Place the page you wish to scan in the upper right corner of the scanner.
- Click the Scan button on the computer.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 as needed depending on how many pages you want to scan (if more than one page).
- The scanned documents will be saved in the My Pictures folder on the computer which opens after each document is scanned.
- This option will save your scanned documents as JPEG's and not as a PDF.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.Location:
206 Murchie Science BuildingPhone#:
(810)-762-3123 (option 1)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org