This Quicknote is for the benefit of students, alumni, and any other users of the ITS Open Lab printers that wish to scan documents directly to their Google Drive.
To follow these steps, you must be a student or alumni at UMFlint and have a valid account or MCard. These steps must be done on an ITS computer lab printer as well.
Scanning to Google Drive:
In addition to the "Scan to Email" feature, our lab printers can conveniently scan your documents straight to Google Drive.
- Log in to the printer.
- Press the Scan button.
- If you don't see the Scan button, press PaperCut MF instead.
- Press Scan to Google Drive.
- (Optional): To change the filename, press the text box below "Filename" and enter your desired file name, then press Enter.
- If you need anything different than a color .pdf that is 1-sided, then press the Change Settings button.
- From here, you can change various settings like making it 2-sided, changing the file type to .docx or .jpg, or rotating the document.
- Press the back arrow ( < ) in the upper left when the settings are correct for your job.
- Place the document(s) you want to scan on the scan bed or scanning tray on the top of the printer.
- Press Start when you are ready to scan the job. You should see a confirmation screen shortly after.
- If this is the first time you have used Scan to Google Drive, you will need to do the next few steps to see your documents. Otherwise, please skip to step 9.
- You should receive an email to your UMich inbox from email@example.com requesting authorization for your Google Drive. This may take a few minutes to appear.
- Click Login to Google Drive within that email, and sign in to your UMICH email.
- It should prompt that "Scans for PaperCut MF wants to access your Google Account," click Allow.
- You should then see a screen saying your documents are being uploaded.
- After a short time, your documents should appear in a "Scans for PaperCut MF" folder in your UMICH Google Drive.
- To sign into the Google Drive, navigate to drive.google.com and sign in using your UMICH account information.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.Locations:
206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White BuildingPhone#:
(810)-762-3123 (option 1)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org