This Quicknote is intended to help faculty and staff connect a UM-Flint domain joined, Windows laptop to eduroam while visiting other eduroam participating institutions such as Mott Community College or the UM-Ann Arbor campus.
To connect to eduroam from a domain-joined computer, you will need to know your uniqname
and current password
. The instructions within this guide are designed specifically for domain-joined Windows laptops. Personally owned devices will connect normally while at other eduroam participating institutions.
Connecting to eduroam on Another Campus
- Turn on your personal device and then immediately turn off your wireless adapter (see possible button locations/types below).
- This prevents your device from automatically attempting to log in to eduroam using cached credentials (information from a previous connection).
- After you successfully sign into your device, turn on your wireless adapter and find eduroam in your list of available wireless connections.
- Your list of wireless connections will be located in the bottom right corner of your taskbar and can be opened by clicking the Wireless Network icon.
- Select eduroam from the connection list. You will be prompted to enter authentication credentials. You will need to enter your full UM-Flint email address (email@example.com) and your current password.
- You should now be connected to eduroam and be able to use your university-owned device normally while on another campus.
Laptops commonly have a button or switch to turn on/off
the wireless adapter. Below are some examples of buttons or switches to look for and where they may be found:
- Located above the keyboard:
- In the function keys (press Fn button and F key together to toggle):
If you have any questions or issues using the eduroam services outlined within this Quicknote, please contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance. Location:
206 Murchie Science Building Hours: go.umflint.edu/hours Phone#:
(810)-762-3123 (option 1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org