U-M Box is the University of Michigan's implementation of Box.com's cloud collaboration and storage service. U-M Box offers an easy and safe way to store and share files and collaborate with others, both within and outside of the University. U-M Box is available to all current faculty, staff, emeritus, and students at the University of Michigan, including Michigan Medicine.
The University of Michigan offers M+Google Drive as another cloud storage solution as well. For more information about M+Google Drive, please refer to the following Quicknote on the subject: M+Google Drive: General Information
This Quicknote is intended for faculty, staff, and students who need cloud-based storage, collaboration, and sharing for documents and secure information.
This Quicknote is for general informational purposes and has no specific requirements.
- Unlimited storage
- Share and discuss documents with others, inside and outside U-M
- Access your files via the web and from a wide range of devices
- Keep track of multiple versions of your documents automatically
- Lock documents while editing, so others can't accidentally overwrite your changes
- Shared Accounts are approved for sensitive data and ePHI (HIPAA)
To navigate to U-M Box, simply follow this link and the directions below: https://its.umich.edu/communication/collaboration/box
- Login by clicking on the U-M Box button.
- Login with your uniqname and current password.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of U-M Box cloud service, please contact Ann Arbor's ITS Service Center for assistance.
734-764-HELP (764-4357) E-mail: 4HELP@umich.edu Website: http://its.umich.edu/help/
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building Phone#:
(810) 762-3123 option 1 Email: email@example.com