U-M Box is the University of Michigan's implementation of Box.com's cloud collaboration and storage service. U-M Box offers an easy and safe way to store and share files and collaborate with others, both within and outside of the University. U-M Box is available to all current faculty, staff, emeritus, and students at the University of Michigan, including Michigan Medicine.
The University of Michigan offers M+Google Drive as another cloud storage solution as well. For more information about M+Google Drive, please refer to the following Quicknote on the subject: M+Google Drive: General Information
This Quicknote is intended for faculty, staff, and students who need cloud-based storage, collaboration, and sharing for documents and secure information.
This Quicknote is for general informational purposes and has no specific requirements.
- Unlimited storage
- Share and discuss documents with others, inside and outside U-M
- Access your files via the web and from a wide range of devices
- Keep track of multiple versions of your documents automatically
- Lock documents while editing, so others can't accidentally overwrite your changes
- Shared Accounts are approved for sensitive data and ePHI (HIPAA)
To navigate to U-M Box, simply follow this link and the directions below: https://its.umich.edu/communication/collaboration/box
- Login by clicking on the U-M Box button.
- Login with your uniqname and current password.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of U-M Box cloud service, please contact Ann Arbor's ITS Service Center for assistance.
734-764-HELP (764-4357) E-mail: 4HELP@umich.edu Website: http://its.umich.edu/help/
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
206 Murchie Science Building Phone#:
(810) 762-3123 option 1 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org