Printing in the Lab
Endorsed by the Technology Committee effective Fall 1998, updated Fall 2012.
ITS provides laser printing services at all open computing labs and instructional labs for use in support of academic work. This service includes providing operational printers and adequate printing supplies. The following guidelines will be followed in administering the student printing process.Papercut Accounts
- General Information
- All registered students with a uniqname automatically receive 400 Black and White prints in their Papercut Account to print during Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer semesters. Any portion of these credits remaining at the end of a term will roll over to the next semester and will be eliminated at the end of the following Summer term. The budget used to cover this expense will be derived from the maintenance portion of the Technology Fee dollars provided to ITS.
- Adding Credits
- Registered students requiring more than 400 print credits/semester can obtain more credits in their Papercut Account by logging into Student Information Services (SIS).
- SPECIAL NOTE: Between semesters you may encounter a day that this option is not available while we load credits for the next term. If you have questions about this please contact the ITS Helpdesk.
- To Add Credits: In SIS, click on the Personal Information tab, then click on the My Campus Computer Account link, and then select the link Add Papercut Pages. Printing funds that you add will be available to use immediately.
- When you request for additional pages to be added to your Papercut account, a charge will be made to your university student account. You can pay this bill at the Cashier’s office or pay online with a credit card.
- Alumni, Non-Registered Students, Faculty, Staff, GEC students, or anyone between semesters needing to add credits to their printing account can do this with a credit card at http://www.umflint.edu/its/store or cash in 905 NBC.
- Note: In order to purchase print credits using cash, please fill out the form online before visiting the ITS Front Desk in NBC 905 (M-F 8am-5pm). The form is the same form as adding credits via card however select the "Cash" option. Cash payments must be exact change and made at the Front Desk only. Your order will not be processed until your cash payment is made. There are no refunds on Alumni Print Credits. Print credits purchased using methods other than cash should be automatically added within 30 minutes.
- Surplus Credits
- Any portion of the initial 400 credits remaining at the end of a term will roll over to the next semester and will be eliminated at the end of the following Summer term.
- Refunds will not be made for leftover amounts from the initial 400 credits allowances at the end of the Summer term following their addition.
- At the end of the current semester, if you added more credits through SIS than you used, you will be refunded for all amounts over $2.00.
- For example: if you add $10 to your account, but only use $5, then a $5 credit will be made to your student account.
- Any refund is made to your university student account and not your Papercut account.
- At the end of the current semester, if you added additional funds using your credit card or cash these credits will roll over into the next term. Roll-over credits will only continue to roll over till your account is no longer active or 2 years, whichever comes first.
- Print Job Refunds
- Printing charges may be refunded by a full-time ITS Helpdesk staff member when issues arise.
- Refunds are only granted for printer malfunctions.
- Additional refund reasons are subject to Helpdesk Supervisor Approval
- Print refunds may be requested online using this form: https://formassembly.umflint.edu/2669
- You will be required to either turn in the prints to a Helpdesk location, or upload a scan of the damaged prints to the form before the refund will be approved.
The following information only applies when adding funds through SIS beyond the initial 400 credits.
Any fees charged to students for printing shall not exceed the cost per page of providing the hardware and supplies.
- Black/white printing is $0.05 per page*.
- Color printing is $0.30 per page*.
* NOTE: If printing a double-sided page, each printed side will be charged accordingly.