There was a problem loading the comments.

Maintaining Access When Leaving U-M

Support Portal  »  Information Technology Services  »  Viewing Article


Intended Audience

This Quicknote is intended to provide information to current faculty, staff, and students who would like to retain access to their uniqname, MCommunity profile, and/or computing services after leaving U-M.


In order to retain access to computing services after leaving U-M, you will need to retain an affiliation with the university.

Leaving U-M

U-M Ann Arbor Resources:
  • G-mail
  • MCommunity

For information on what affiliations retain access or what steps must be completed to keep access when leaving U-M, please see the following ITS support article: Leaving U-M Article

U-M Flint Resources:
  • SIS
    • Past students will retain access to SIS after leaving U-M.
    • The main usage after leaving U-M is for official transcript requests or looking up unofficial transcripts.
  • Blackboard
    • You will no longer have access to blackboard after leaving U-M.
  • H: Drive
    • Students who have graduated and purchased an alumni account will retain access to the H: Drive.
    • If you do not plan to purchase an alumni account or are leaving U-M for other reasons make sure you backup your H: Drive to Another device.


If you have any questions or experience any issues not covered by the information in the U-M Ann Arbor section of this Quicknote, please call the ITS Service Center in Ann Arbor for assistance.

Phone#: (734) 764-4357 (opt. 1)

If you have any questions or experience any issues not covered by the information in the U-M Flint section of this Quicknote, please contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.

Location: 206 Murchie Science Building
Phone: (810) 762-3123

Share via
Did you find this article useful?  

Related Articles

Self-Hosted Help Desk Software by SupportPal
© University of Michigan-Flint