This Quicknote will allow access to the Homedrive (H:) by a user on a Mac OSX computer. If you are off campus
, you must first connect to the VPN through Pulse Secure
before attempting this Quicknote.
This Quicknote is for the benefit of the faculty, staff, and student members on campus who utilize a Mac OSX computer.
To follow this Quicknote you will need to have a current affiliation with the University and have access to your LAN account. You will also need to have an updated OS X version for your Mac.Note:
Tested and Compatible with OS
X 10.12.6 Sierra.
Configure Homedrive access on your Mac:
- If you are off campus you must connect to Pulse Secure as detailed in the following QuickNote: https://support.umflint.edu/its/article/using-vpn-resources-at-um-flint-2#section-four
- Click Finder on the dock.
- Click Go on the menu bar.
- Click Connect to Server in the Go menu.
- In the Server Address field, type the following:
- Click Connect on the Connect to Server window.
- When prompted, enter your uniqname and current password.
- Click Connect.
- Your Homedrive will now be listed in the Finder sidebar under Homedrive/home.
For directions on using the VPN and Pulse Secure, please refer to the following Quicknote: https://support.umflint.edu/its/article/using-vpn-resources-at-um-flint-2
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.Locations:
206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White BuildingPhone:
(810)-762-3123 (option 1)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org