The Emergency Alert System is a system setup by the university to inform the campus community of immediate dangers, emergencies on campus, and closures due to weather or power outages. To utilize this system, you must register your phone numbers through SIS. It is strongly encouraged that all students sign-up for the Emergency Alert System.
This Quicknote is for the benefit of students. Faculty and staff can use this Quicknote to instruct students, but faculty and staff must setup emergency alerts through Wolverine Access, not SIS, which this Quicknote does not cover.
You must be a currently registered student in order to update the Emergency Alert System in SIS.
Configuring the Emergency Alert System
- Please navigate to SIS or click the following link: https://sis.umflint.edu
- Log-in with your uniqname and current password.
- Click Personal Information.
- Click Sign Up for UM-Flint Emergency Alerts.
- Register up to four phone numbers and four text messaging numbers. A phone number consists of the area code, phone number, and the optional International Access Code.
Add Number – Allows you to add a new number to the specified category.
Edit – Allows you to edit a number that is already in the system for that category.
Delete – Allows you to delete the specified number. Only delete the number if you wish to not receive the alerts at the specified number.
- When a number is entered, be sure to click Save.
If you will be graduating or leaving the university soon please remove your emergency alert numbers before finishing your last semester, otherwise, you will continue to get notifications. If you forget to remove your phone numbers and can no longer update them in SIS, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
206 Murchie Science Building Hours: go.umflint.edu/Hours Phone#:
(810)-762-3123 (option 1) Email: email@example.com