The LISTJOB job in Banner is a job to list Banner jobs that you have run recently. The purpose of this job is to allow you to see if you still have active jobs running, jobs recently completed, or to identify a job that you would like to reprint.
This Quicknote is for the benefit of any faculty or staff members who use Banner.
To follow this Quicknote, you will need to have a Banner ID and DUO Authentication for Banner access. To obtain a Banner ID and DUO, please refer to the Quicknote What is Banner?
How to Run the Job:
- In Banner, enter LISTJOBS in the Search field and select it from the list.
This will take you to the Process Submissions Controls page GJAPCTL
- Verify LISTJOBS is in the Process field and click Go
- In the Printer Control section, enter DATABASE in the Printer field.
- Alt + Page Down to move to the Parameter Values section
- Enter the name of the job you ran in the Values section.
- Alt + Page Down to move to the Submission section and click Save to run.
How to Review the Job Output:
- To review the output, click the Related Menu and select Review Output [GJIREVO].
- This will take you to the Saved Output Review page: GJIREVO
- Verify LISTJOBS is in the Process field, the last job number will appear in the Number field, in the File Name field, click the […] and select the .log file and click Go.
- You should see a screen similar to this:
- The top portion lists your active jobs, ones that may still be running.
- The bottom portion lists jobs recent completed.
As you look through the saved output, you can see job information such as date and time, job name, job one-up number, and reprintable indicator. Only jobs that state “Reprintable” can be reprinted. If you wish to reprint a job, make a note of the job one-up number for use with the REPRINT job. For more information on how to reprint a Banner job, please see our Quicknote Reprint Banner Job
For a more detailed look at Banner please refer to the Banner 9 Manual
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.Locations:
206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White BuildingPhone:
(810)-762-3123 (option 1)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org