The Mcard is your official identification card for students, faculty, and staff of the University of Michigan - Flint. You'll use it all over campus to identify yourself as a member of the University community. The Mcard features the cardholder's name, photo, affiliation with the University ("student" or "department
"), and UMID number.
The Mcard serves the following purposes:
- ID verification for University business
- ID card for the Recreation Center
- Access card for First Street and Riverfront Residence Halls
- Access card for ITS computer labs and multi-function printers
- Identity verification for Faculty and Staff parking on the UM-Ann Arbor campus
- A debit card for Residential Meal Plans or Maize Money accounts. The Mcard can be used at the University Pavilion (Barnes & Noble, Jilly's Pizza, O'Blendz, Subway, Shawarma Bite, Sportlite Grill), in the University Center (Cafe Blue, the Grill, Starbucks, Street Eats), and for laundry in the residence halls. More information on these programs can be found at https://www.umflint.edu/diningservices/meal-plans.
Obtaining an Mcard
COVID-19 MCARD PRODUCTION INFORMATION
UM-Flint students, faculty, and staff can obtain a new or replacement Mcard from one of the Mcard stations located at the ITS Helpdesk in 206 Murchie Science Building or 3174 William S. White Building. These Mcard stations are open during normal lab hours.
During the first week of the Fall and Winter semesters, ITS distributes Mcards, parking passes, and validation stickers on the stage in the University Pavilion. In the weeks leading up to these distribution events, ITS will send out flyers containing the dates and times these stations will be available.
In order to obtain your Mcard, you must have a government-issued photo ID with you such that we can verify your identity. Here are some examples of accepted photo IDs:
- Driver's License
- State ID
- U.S. Passport
- Military ID
- U.S. Green Card
- Homeland Security Card
- Official Foreign Passport
- Official Foreign Driver's License (if in English)
If you do not possess a government-issued photo ID (i.e. High School or K-12 students), the following may be accepted:
- Previous School ID + Birth Certificate + Parent/Guardian's photo ID
- Previous School ID + Learner's Permit + Parent/Guardian's photo ID
- Previous School ID + Temporary License + Parent/Guardian's photo ID
Online Mcard Applications
The ITS Helpdesk now offers a new online Mcard portal in order to expedite the process of obtaining an Mcard. The online Mcard portal is intended for students only and can be accessed at https://mcard.umflint.edu
. This online portal allows you to submit an appropriate identification photo for use on your Mcard. Submitted Mcard photos are subject to approval, and should resemble a traditional Driver's License or another photo ID.
Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Mcards
It is very important to notify the proper authorities of lost/stolen Mcards so that card access can be deactivated quickly, preventing potential unauthorized access and/or charges. There is a $10.00 fee to replace Mcards that are lost, stolen, or damaged. You must pay the fee at the Cashier's Office located at 261 University Pavilion. Then, you must bring the receipt to an Mcard station before the Mcard can be replaced.
Found Mcards are generally returned to the Department of Public Safety, and ultimately the ITS Helpdesk in 206 MSB. If an Mcard is found and returned to the ITS Helpdesk, an email and/or phone call will notify the cardholder to retrieve it at no extra charge.
For cards that must be replaced due to name or department changes, expiration, or that no longer function due to normal wear, no fee will be charged. When requesting a replacement of this nature, your old Mcard must be returned at the Mcard station.
Note: Mcards are the property of the University of Michigan and must be surrendered upon request.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please visit or contact the ITS Helpdesk for assistance.
206 Murchie Science Building
(810) 762-3123 (option 1)