The Mcard is the official identification card for students, faculty, and staff of the University of Michigan - Flint.
All of Campus uses them to identify themselves as members of the University community.
The Mcard features the cardholder's name, photo, affiliation with the University ("student" or "department
") and UMID number.
The Mcard serves the following purposes:
- Entrance into Campus Buildings
- ID verification for University business
- ID card for the Recreation Center
- Access card for First Street and Riverfront Residence Halls
- Access card for ITS computer labs and multi-function printers
- Identity verification for Faculty and Staff parking on the UM-Ann Arbor campus
- A debit card for Residential Meal Plans or Maize Money accounts. The Mcard can be used at the University Pavilion (Barnes & Noble, O'Blendz, Subway, Shawarma Bite, Sportlite Grill), in the University Center (Cafe Blue, the Grill, Starbucks, Street Eats), and for laundry in the residence halls. More information on these programs can be found at https://www.umflint.edu/diningservices/meal-plans.
Obtaining an Mcard
UM-Flint students, faculty, and staff can obtain a new or replacement Mcard from the Mcard and Parking Permit stations setup throughout the semesters across campus.
Keep an eye on your emails for any additional events or the pop up Mcard stations.
In order to obtain your Mcard, you must have a government-issued photo ID with you such that we can verify your identity.
Here are some examples of accepted photo IDs:
- Driver's License
- State ID
- U.S. Passport
- Military ID
- U.S. Green Card
- Homeland Security Card
- Official Foreign Passport
- Official Foreign Driver's License (if in English)
If you do not possess a government-issued photo ID (i.e. High School or K-12 students), the following may be accepted:
- Previous School ID + Birth Certificate + Parent/Guardian's photo ID
- Previous School ID + Learner's Permit + Parent/Guardian's photo ID
- Previous School ID + Temporary License + Parent/Guardian's photo ID
Online Mcard Applications
Through the assistance of the ITS Software Development team, DPS now offers a new online Mcard portal in order to expedite the process of obtaining an Mcard.
The online Mcard portal is intended for students only and can be accessed at https://mcard.umflint.edu
This online portal allows you to submit an appropriate identification photo for use on your Mcard.
Submitted Mcard photos are subject to approval, and should resemble a traditional Driver's License or another photo ID.
Lost, Stolen, or Damaged Mcards
It is very important to notify the proper authorities of lost/stolen Mcards so that card access can be deactivated quickly, preventing potential unauthorized access and/or charges.
Found Mcards are to be returned to the Department of Public Safety.
If an Mcard is found and returned to DPS, an email will notify the cardholder to retrieve it at no extra charge.
For IDs that must be replaced due to name or department changes, expiration, or that no longer function due to normal wear, no fee will be charged.
When requesting a replacement of this nature, your old Mcard must be returned to DPS.
Note: Mcards are the property of the University of Michigan and must be surrendered upon request.
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this Quicknote, please contact DPS below for assistance.
103 Hubbard Building; 602 Mill St. Flint, Mi 48503