Online Mcard Requests
Through the assistance of the ITS Software Development team, the Department of Public Safety and Security (DPSS) now offers a new online Mcard portal in order to expedite the process of obtaining an Mcard.
This online portal allows students to submit an appropriate identification photo for use on their Mcard. Submitted Mcard photos are subject to approval and should resemble a traditional Driver's License or other ID photo.
- All new students requesting an Mcard must submit an online application and upload a valid photo.
- Students must be registered for classes before you can pick up an Mcard.
- You must have a valid government ID when picking up an Mcard.
Submitting an Application
The Submission screen is the first to display to the student upon signing into Mcard.umflint.edu
- The student should confirm the uniqname and the First and Last Names that are automatically entered.
- The student must enter a valid phone number and an external email (Example: Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc)
- The student must press the "Browse" button to select the photo they want to use as the Mcard photo.
- The photo must follow the below Photo Requirements in order to be accepted:
- Face forward: No hands or arms touching face.
- A head shot: Shoulders and above.
- Background: Plain and light colored.
- In Color: No black and white or sepia.
- In-focus: Your image is clear and sharp.
- Recent Photo: Taken within past six months.
- No Accessories: Hats, bandanas, sunglasses, etc.
After Submitting the Mcard Application, the Student will have to wait for the result from DPS.
The Mcard photo response will be sent to the student's school email and external email.
There may be more instructions depending on the time of year so please check the email for more information.
More information on Mcards can be found by clicking the link What is an Mcard?
If you have any questions or experience any issues with this article, please contact DPS for assistance.
103 Hubbard Building; 602 Mill St. Flint, Mi 48503